Monday, September 21, 2009

A Turtle Adventure

While on the playground today, some children spotted a turtle trying to get through the back fence.  I was worried that he was searching for the creek and had lost his way.  So, I went back to the room, grabbed some gloves and a cardboard box, then went to rescue him.  We all walked down to the creek, and the children gathered around to wave good-bye as I released him into the water.  

During writer's workshop, we retold the story together.  The children helped me to decide which important details to include my illustration, then together we labeled the picture with beginning consonants.  During their independent writing time, many of the students chose to draw and write about this exciting adventure as well.  Check out the slideshow below to see how it all unfolded:


No comments: